Monday 4 April 2016

[Visual Design] Sci-Fi Spaceship Assignment

For this week's assignment, we were instructed to design a sci fi spaceship over the last two weeks.

These were a few quick sketches I did. I mostly thought about alternating between sharp edges and round objects while going through these.




Using the work of J.C Park as reference, I did a study on the common mechanical cliches used in vehicle design to help gain a better understanding of what makes concept's look more believable. 




After thinking about my research and some of the design aspects, I am going to design a sci-fi fighter jet intended for use in snowy terrain on an arctic planet. So I produced a mood board of the various arctic themes along with some fighter jet examples.

I came up with these three designs after looking through my research and thinking about a ship that could hover close to the ground yet move at a fast pace.


I then took my third design because I liked the dynamic of it better, and made a rough sketch model in maya.



This is the final image, I am really happy with how it turned out bit I feel like I could have given it a bit more time to polish up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment